Goat Cheese Grits Casserole
8 cups water
2 tablespoons butter
salt and pepper to taste
2 cups stone ground grits (such as McEwen and Sons)
6 ounces crumbled goat cheese
1. Bring water and butter to a boil in a large saucepan.
2. Stir in salt and pepper to taste.
3. Pour in grits, stirring with a whisk. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook according to package directions (about 35-45 minutes), stirring frequently.
4. When grits are tender, stir in goat cheese to melt.
5. Preheat oven to 325.
6. Pour grits into an 11x7 baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 325 for 20 minutes or until lightly browned on top.