Roasted Garlic and Maple- Glazed Root Vegetables
1 head garlic
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
½ lb center-cut bacon
1 pound multi-colored carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ pound parsnips, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 large pear, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons maple syrup
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut top off of garlic head, sprinkle with kosher salt and spray with cooking spray. Wrap in aluminum foil. Bake 45 minutes – 1 hour or until browned.
3. Meanwhile, bake bacon on a foil-lined baking sheet 16 minutes or until crispy. Remove bacon to drain and roughly chop.
4. Add carrots, parsnips and pear to pan, tossing in bacon fat to coat. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes or until lightly softened
5. Remove garlic from oven and let cool completely. Place maple in a small bowl. Squeeze pulp from garlic head and whisk together with maple.
6. Drizzle maple garlic mixture over vegetables and bake 10 more minutes or until lightly browned. Top with crumbled bacon for serving.
Yield: 4 servings