How to make a salad a meal…
Have you ever eaten a massive salad for lunch or dinner, then wonder why you are so ravenous a few hours later? A salad is always a healthy alternative but not always the most filling option. Whether you are watching your weight or just needing to mix in your greens, let’s build a main-course salad with these simple, easy tips.
1. Protein packed
- add a 6 ounce portion of your favorite meat
2. I am berry full
- throw some fruit on it, who said salads just have to be veggies
3. Are you nuts over this salad?
- add some crunch with a half of a handful of pecans, almond slivers or cashews
4. Avocad-oh yeah!
- add a half of an avocado to fill you up, these babies are packed with healthy fat and fiber
5. Carb crazy
- toss a half of a cup of whole-grain quinoa on top or some starchy vegetables such as sweet potato wedges